In the 2017 Match, only 54.8% of U.S. citizen IMG participants were matched to first-year positions. Of those IMG participants who were not U.S. citizens, only 52.4% obtained first-year positions (Source: ECFMG®). Dr. Finkel provides tailored assistance to IMGs, as their residency admissions process is more complex and requires more strategic guidance than non-IMG applicants. Dr. Finkel also caters to the needs of the re-applicant.
Insider Medical Admissions does not provide “IMG-friendly” lists of U.S. training programs that are more likely to offer residency spots to IMGs, nor does Insider arrange U.S. hospital clerkships for international medical students, IMGs or postgraduates. Instead Dr. Finkel’s goal is to enhance the application of the IMG by highlighting the applicant’s strengths and significantly improving the quality of the application materials submitted.
Your written materials distinguish you from hundreds of other applicants. Your submissions can make the difference between being invited for an interview or immediate rejection.
Sail through bread and butter questions. Learn how to confidently turn an interviewer’s curveball into a homerun response. Leave a lasting impression of poise and polish.
After a background review, Dr. Finkel helps you highlight strengths, limit liabilities, select effective recommendation writers, choose a distinctive essay topic, assess the number and quality of institutions to target and create a strategic timeline for task completion.
Why choose Insider Medical Admissions?
- Relevance- Dr. Finkel is a former Harvard Medical School faculty member with admissions experience, three Harvard teaching and mentorship awards, a professional journalism background, and practical experience as a board certified emergency physician.
- Value- Your medical education will cost over $100K, and your postgraduate training will lay the foundation for your professional success. Why entrust your future to underqualified or anonymous editors? Dr. Finkel personally reviews every essay and conducts every Mock Interview herself. You get what you pay for.
- Experience - Dr. Finkel has helped well over a thousand clients from the strongly competitive to the sink or swim candidate.
- Discretion- Dr. Finkel maintains strict confidentiality.
- Speed- Dr. Finkel offers quick turn around times.